My ultimate Tips for a cool Weekend in Hamburg

Published 12.02.2020

*Promotion*

Photo: The "Elbphilharmonie" in all its glory

25hours Hotels - always a good Idea!

„We make your stay“. There is certainly no shortage of funny remarks when it comes to the 25 hours Hotels. I have loved this fresh hotel chain for a few years now. Having known their trendy properties in Hamburg (HafenCity), Munich, Zurich, Paris and in my home city Düsseldorf. After a few years, it was time again to visit Hamburg – a city that has become a real magnet for visitors over the past years. For obvious reasons, I booked the 25hours Number One, the oldest hotel in the chain that was renovated in 2019.

Right in a trendy Neighborhood

The Number One is located in an industrial district in a neighborhood called Bahrenfeld, not far from the trendy area Ottensen. Start-ups, restaurants, design hotels and a gym have moved into former factory halls- ideal for a 25hours Hotel! You can reach downtown Hamburg by bus in approximately 20 minutes.

Photo: ©25hours Hotel Number One

Retro, Retro, Retro...

Retro chic wherever you look. And the usual pleasant 25hours atmosphere that contrasts so much from the stuffiness of other hotels. Found objects of the 50s, 60s and 70s, modern and upgraded with lots of cool ideas. Vividly colored and funky furniture in the lobby (I particularly oved the small coffee table book in gold), the usual knickknack with mostly regional articles in the lobby boutique. Table tennis and kicker in the meeting room (that´s how it works today, business should be fun) and rental bikes in front of a flickering wall which reminded of the good old club times. Colorful maps in theform of mushrooms and a „photomat“ to take your pictures like in the 80s. What again are selfies?

Photo: Cool shopping at the 25hours Hotel Number One

Photo: I almost took this little table with me...

Burger de Ville and Breakfast with a Cactus

Burgers and french fries are sold in the iconic silver airstream in front of the hotel – not really my cup of tea but at least there are vegetarian and even vegan options available. The rooftop is said to be a very popular hotspot for a sundowner in summer – I could not check this since the end of December is not really a good time for chilling on a rooftop. Anyways, there are plenty of other cool locations in the hotel. I particularly loved the relaxed atmosphere at breakfast. An abundant buffet with cactus (be different!), lovely staff which does not pull your plate before you have completely finished and a little room where you can prepare your coffee as you like. Nothing better than a quiet start into the day, right? Highlight: breakfast is available until 1 pm!

Photo: Burger anyone?

Photo: Cactus for breakfast (decoration!)

Eat and sleep well

In the evening, you can enjoy dinner in the cozy „Speisebar“ – the menu is small but good, also appropriate for vegetarians. If you like exotic food, there is a simple but good Indian restaurant within walking distance from the hotel.

Photo: Just cosy, the "Speisebar" restaurant

The 128 rooms at the 25hours Hotel Number One are available in three different sizes. „M“ should be fine, it´s spacious and comfortable. In the retro rooms you will not find as much knickknack as in other 25hours hotels but a good quality of sleep and, of course, all other necessary amenities such as free WiFi and a flatscreen TV.

Photo: Someone sitting on my bed...

Sustainability? Of course!

I love the fact that environmental and social sustainability plays a big role in the 25hours Hotel Number One. All hotels of the chain are integrated into their local environment. A specific system for sustainability was developed in the 25hours Hotel Number One which meets the requirements of the EarthCheck enterprise standards. The goal is to reduce the carbon footprint, even hotel guests and suppliers are made aware of this. You will charge your smartphone with green electricity and eat mostly local products in the hotel restaurant. „Stop the water while using me,“ says the label of all cosmetic products in the bathroom. Sales promotions in the 25hours Hotel Number One support local activities such as the Hamburg children daycare Elbpiraten or the worldwide projects of Viva con Agua to improve the supply of drinking water. What a great example for many other hotels!

Photo: My fav place at the 25hours Hotel Number One

25hours Hotel Hamburg Number One***

Paul-Dessau-Strasse 2
22761 Hamburg

General contact:
p +49 40 85 50 70
number-one@25hours-hotels.com

Reservations:
p +49 40 89 06 24 58
reservation@25hours-hotel.de

What about Hamburg?

Last but not least a few words about Hamburg: this metropolis with its giant harbor city (HafenCity) and the impressive new landmark Elbphilharmonie (a brand new, very innovative concert house on the water) is slowly but surely getting a serious competitor for Berlin. I could not enough from walking in the city to enjoy all the fancy new architecture. And in Hamburg, you are never far from water.

Photo: Can´t get enough of this view

Most sites such as the Elbphilharmonie, the gangways for the many big boats on the Elbe river, the famous church Michel (Sankt Michaelis), St. Pauli with the notorious Reeperbahn and, of course, the inner Alster with the famous and very chic Jungfernstieg can be easily explored by walking – or you take the elevated railway to get a different perspective of this stunning city. The beauty of Hamburg with its many white buildings is no longer a secret – tourists from all over the world are strolling through the city and admire the Elbphilharmonie which has become one of the most popular landmarks in all of Germany. Time for a cool Instagram photo!

Photo: In Hamburg you are never far from water

In short: I can strongly recommend for a city break or as part of a roundtrip through Europe/Germany. Same goes fort he 25hours Hotel Number One if you like it casual.

Photo: Be different! - ©25hours Hotel Number One

Photo: Cool bikes and flashy lights

Konversation wird geladen

Share this article:

Blogger Kodex Top 3 Blog Award 2017 - KHL Lifestyle
Erfahrungen & Bewertungen zu Karl-Heinz Limberg

Newsletter

Don't want to miss the latest blog posts? Subscribe to my newsletter!

Search